CoinHe provides each users whose 2FA enabled a range of 10 backup codes. These codes can be really helpful when your device with 2FA-specified application is lost or missing: To alternate when logging-in and disable 2FA without 6-digit 2FA code and the registered device.
To generate and keep your backup codes in advance for later uses, below are steps to go:
1. After having your 2FA function enable, visit your Account Setting page → 2FA → Generate
2. As codes are shown → Copy all
3. Keep safely for your own next uses.
Be noted that there will be 10 Backup Codes generated only and each can be used just once.
In case of phone lost, you can use your Backup Code to log in your CoinHe account and disable your 2FA. Please follow our instruction below:
1. Login your CoinHe account
2. Input your backup code to 2FA field
3. Visit your Account Setting page → 2FA → Input your backup code to disable 2FA
4. Click [Disable]
Can I get more than 10 of those Backup Codes?
We only give you 10 codes.
Our system default is to generate 10 backup codes once. In case your stored ones run out already, the only solution is to disable your current 2FA function → re-enable 2FA and re-generate and receive your new list.